I have recently switched to veganism due to health and ethical issues. I still enjoy the occasional dairy-filled item, but I have been trying to stay on track. One of my favorite things to do is dine out, so here are some of my favorite vegan dishes.
- Chipotle: There is a whole list of vegan options at Chipotle. I usually get the Sofritas, which are a spicy tofu mix and they are delicious. The flour tortillas, corn taco shells, white rice, brown rice, black beans, pinto beans, fajita vegetables, fresh tomato salsa, roasted chili-corn salsa, tomatillo green-chili salsa, tomatillo red-chili salsa, guac, lettuce, and tortilla chips are all vegan. Chipotle is a vegan’s dream!
- Taco Bell: “Make It Fresco” This means that they will replace the cheese, creamy sauces, sour cream, and/or guacamole with pico de gallo. My favorite vegan item on the menu is the Crunch Wrap Supreme. I just ask them to remove the beef and make it fresco. Just make sure your Taco Bell Knows what “Make It Fresco” means.
- Papa Johns: I used to work at Papa John’s and I am obsessed with their pizza. Once I went vegan, I actually discovered that their pizza could easily be made vegan. Just ask for no cheese, regular crust, and make sure your toppings are vegan (their Garden Fresh pizza is the die for). Their bread sticks and garlic dipping sauce are also vegan. Score!
- Domino’s: Don’t like Papa John’s? You’re in luck, because Domino’s also offers a variety of vegan options. Just order thin crust (the rest aren’t vegan), regular pizza sauce, no cheese and all the veggies your heart desires. Their garlic sauce, BBQ sauce, hot buffalo sauce, and Italian dipping cups are all vegan.
- Noodles & Company: This place is my favorite and they have plenty of vegan options. The vegan options are the Japanese pan noodles, penne rosa without the cream sauce, spaghetti marinara without cheese, pasta freca without the cheese or cream, and Thai green curry without shrimp. Tofu can also be added to any dish.